Central Belt, Scotland
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Vital Glasgow Construction
23 days ago
An experienced Estimator is required for a permanent role within a long established civil engineering contractor in the west of Scotland.
We are looking for and estimator to be responsible for Estimating on a wide variety of general civils projects, duties will include:
- Reviewing and reporting on the Client's Enquiry to enable a decision to bid.
- Preparing subcontract & materials enquiries
- Building up an accurate cost estimates for the permanent works in an elemental and analytical format.
- Preparing an accurate cost estimate for the indirect resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements.
- Checking labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the tender programme.
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates
- Preparing the commercial tender for submission to the Client.
- Managing handover to the delivery team
- HNC/HND or Degree Qualified in Civil Engineering
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Experience of using computer estimating packages
- A current, clean driving licence is essential.
Our client is willing to offer:
- Real career progression
- Development and training
- A competitive salary
- A Comprehensive bonus
For more information, or to apply please click the "apply now" link.