Up to £0.00 per annum
7 months ago
The purpose of this role is to develop competitive cost effective tenders to meet identified client needs.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
The key tasks of this role include:
* The effective registration, control and administration of tender documentation.
* The preparation and management of tenders from receipt of documents through to delivery.
* The presentation of tenders to senior management at tender review meetings.
* Liaison with Supply Chain Manager with respect to placing of any major supplier or subcontractor enquiries.
* The technical and commercial appraisal of materials, plant and sub contract quotations, preparation of analytical estimates including the detailed appraisal of construction labour, plant, materials and temporary works.
* The effective analysis and pricing of risks.
* The preparation of tender submission documentation.
* The preparation of estimating reports.
* Providing assistance to proposals and contract management functions.
Candidates for this role need to meet the following criteria:
* Possess a comprehensive contracting background
* Estimating experience in one or more of the following sectors: civil engineering rail mechanical and electrical engineering.
* Must possess a complete understanding of the construction process.
* Must be able to demonstrate involvement in innovative winning bids.
* Should have the ability to co-ordinate a multidisciplinary Bid Team when required.
* Must have an analytical approach, able to understand and follow good estimating procedures, be well organised, self motivated and able to work alone or in a team.
* Must be a good communicator at all levels.
* Must be IT literate, particularly with MS Word and Excel.
Educational/Professional Qualifications: HND/Degree in related discipline or compensating experience.
CSCS Requirements: Not essential
H&S Requirements: Basic site safety awareness desirable but not essential as training can be given.