Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000 - £65000 per annum + plus benefits
Rail Technical Team
7 months ago
A leading client in the Rail Industry is recruiting for an experienced Estimator to work within their Rail division based in Birmingham working on a permanent basis. Offering excellent salary and benefits package.
As an experienced Estimator and reporting to the Lead Estimator, your duties will include:
- Estimating on a wide range of project types and values from £50k minor works projects to multi-million-pound multi-disciplinary projects in the rail environment including but not limited to:
- Geotechnical/earthworks/drainage projects
- Station projects
- Track projects
- Structure replacement and refurbishment projects
- Developing tender strategy with commercial and operations teams
- Managing the tender process with the Lead Estimator
- Ensuring key risks and opportunities are identified
- Ensuring Client's requirements are met with a commercially viable tender
- Building and maintaining effective and genuine Client and supplier relationships
- Ensuring effective internal engagement, handover and feedback
- Coaching and developing members of the estimating team
You will be self-motivated, practical and commercially aware, you will be used to working under pressure and to strict deadlines. Knowledge of the rail industry would be beneficial but not essential.
In possessing good communication skills, you will interact with people at all levels within the organisation and your customer focus will enable you to engage with clients and build relationships.