£350 - £400 per day
Rail Technical Team
9 days ago
6 months +
Contractor's Responsible Engineer
Main Purpose of Role
To co-ordinate and manage design delivery and engineering knowledge and advice through a major project or business unit for a particular discipline.
* Promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the HSQE department.
* Provide operational, strategic and contractual advice and service to bid preparation and project management when associated with a technical matter.
* Keep management informed of business area activity and progress achieved.
* The day to day management of all engineering activities of a particular discipline currently being undertaken including assessment of permanent and temporary works design works requirements and the appointment of suitable resource to satisfactorily complete those works.
* Temporary Works Coordinator.
* Shall be the overall technical lead for a specific engineering discipline within the framework or section thereof. Confirm that that the discipline design and / or construction complies with all applicable standards, legislation, Contract requirements and specifications.
* Shall be the focal point of contact with the Lead Designer (LD) for the specific discipline, ensuring the project requirements (CR-T) and outputs are clearly understood and correctly delivered in the design. Shall regularly meet with the LD to review design output to ensure that it is appropriate and shall steer the design such that the design approvals process is completed quickly and efficiently. Shall be the lead point of contact with the relevant CRE (Design).
* The selection and appointment of Temporary works Supervisors.
* The review of all Designs to ensure coordination with other disciplines.
* Shall effectively communicate with the other CREs to ensure that designs in their entirety meet the technical requirements of the project and integrate effectively. Shall work closely with the CEM to ensure integration is considered on an ongoing basis and not simply at the end of a design stage.
* Shall review and endorse all relevant documentation as required. For example Work Package Plans, Task Briefs, ITPs, Risk Assessments etc
* Manage the interface between design, installation and testing activities.
* Responsible for all engineering activities both on and off site for the particular project in question.
* Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Extensive relevant management experience in the civil engineering industry
* Extensive engineering experience in the design and construction of engineering works in the particular engineering discipline.
* BEng (Hons) in Relevant discipline (Civil Engineering)
* Understands the AtW competence under NR/L2/INI/02009/02 and meets all the requirements therein including Quads and SE tables.
* Ability to use own initiative
* Capable of completing work to deadline
* MEng/MSc (Hons) in Relevant discipline (Civil Engineering) - desirable
* Previous experience as CRE on other NR projects - desirable
* PTS - desirable