City of London, London
Up to £27.08 per hour + Ltd, negotiable depending on experience
6 months ago
Our client one of the UK's biggest charities who look after over 2,000 miles of waterways in England and Wales. Are currently looking for a Civil Works Engineer to be based out of any of their 3 London offices Adelaide, Little Venice or Docklands on an on-going contract.
To work as part of a team of Works Engineers and Volunteers reporting to the Regional manager (North/South) who work with Promoters to ensure that any work undertaken that could affect the Trust is done so in a way that does not have an adverse effect on property, structures, heritage, environment, employees and customers. Recover fees for the projects you are responsible for in accordance with the Trust's Business Plan requirements. To ensure delivery of solutions that conserve and enhance the heritage and environment. To manage the relationship with Promoters in accordance with the Code of Practice.
- Ensure Trust's assets and operations are protected from Third Party engineering works and activities, ensuring full compliance with the Code of Practice for Works Affecting Trust.
- Record and recover Trust staff costs in accordance with agreed rates and corporate systems.
- Maximise value of the Third Party Works to Trust.
- Provide support to Trust's internal teams to maximise opportunity where appropriate.
- To deliver excellent customer service
- Engage with Trusts customers to promote a positive image of the Trust and the work it does.
- Feedback comments and complaints to the relevant Trust teams and take responsibility for ensuring appropriate responses are provided.
Internal - Teams Relationships: Waterway, Estates, Enterprise, Water Management, Utilities, Business Boating, Planning, Property Development, Finance, Environment, Heritage
External - Developers, Statutory Undertakers, Local Authorities, Members of the public, Neighbours
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Degree or equivalent in relevant technical discipline.
- Membership of relevant professional body at an appropriate level eg AMICE.
- Continuing Professional Development, including proven experience in applying engineering concepts.
- Good standard of written and verbal communication including some experience in making formal presentations in engineering subjects.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and business applications software eg MS Office. Experience of GIS or mapping systems.
- Able to use appropriate functions within SAP proficiently.
- Valid driving licence appropriate for vehicle to be driven.