Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
As a Civil Structure Engineer, the role holder is responsible to support the Enabling Works Basic Design and the Civil Works programme.
The role holder is responsible for the direction and leadership of all activities associated with the full programme of works assigned to them and for ensuring that the scope and deliverables are fully aligned with the Project Objectives.
The role holder also has the responsibility of ensuring that delivery of all (or part of) the project development activities for the life cycle of the contract(s) or work package(s) is in accordance with the overall Project schedule. The role holder will need to ensure that planning and delivery is in accordance with all safety, quality, time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the Project.
The following duties are key to the role but may change duties as the project develops.
1. Deliver the technical documentation to maximise the scope of replication of the detailed design implemented at HPC (fleet approach).
2. Implement the opportunities to drive the cost down. The individual is in charge to seek, propose and challenge continuously all the opportunities which have an impact on their programme.
3. Liaise and co-ordinate with the wider Project team (including engineering entities in France).
4. Ensure consistency of engineering solutions with other programmes, working to maintain a collaborative approach between engineering, Contractors and Designers.
5. Maintain a strong relationship with regulatory bodies and other internal and external stakeholders.
6. Support the Engineering Managers for all technical decisions.
7. Support the Enabling works team for the Basic Design ITT.
8. Support the Probabilistic Seismic Hazard Assessment team to able to launch the PSHA contract.
9. Review of Civil Work road map.
1. Common raft strategy - Technical Decision committee - progress report (30 November 2018).
2. Civil work programme presentation for ONR 8 November 2018.
3. Galleries opportunities implementation road map.
4. CRF pipes opportunities analysis report.
Nuclear Safety Accountabilities:
* This post has nuclear safety responsibilities which could have a significant impact on nuclear safety through the activities that they perform. These will be detailed in the future Nuclear Baseline
* This post does not have any direct reports.
* The organisation chart and line manager will be confirmed on appointment.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
* Extensive experience in the design and management of major infrastructure projects.
* Experienced in British and European Standards for civil works.
* Design experience in reinforced concrete and steelwork, treatment of soil condition and Ground Investigation.
* Experience of hazard and accidental load conditions.
* Demonstrable ability to facilitate collaboration between Contractors and Designers.
* Solid experience in Civil Structure engineering design, procurement (NEC & FIDIC forms of Contract) and construction processes.
* Decision making capability for resolution of safety case issues.
* Knowledge of risks in terms of the CDM regulations.
* Enhanced organisational skills.
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
* General professional qualities as accuracy, tenacity, result-oriented and teamwork-oriented attitude, diplomacy.
* Excellent communication/interpersonal skills notably with various levels of the organisation and externally.
* Discretion - Confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
* Understands the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled.
* Security cleared to at least a basic level (BPSS).
* Chartered engineer status via the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Institution of Structural Engineers.
* Preference will be given to candidates with a specialist Masters degree in Structural Engineering.
* Puts Health & Safety at the top of the agenda.
* Shows flexibility and an ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
* Is able to make decisions and take action even when faced with ambiguity or uncertainty.
* Encourages a culture of continuous improvement and the safe expression of ideas and constructive challenge.
* Remains focussed under pressure, thinking clearly and objectively.
* Builds trust and inclusion.
* Builds positive team spirit and a climate of feeling valued and supported.
* Co-operates with others to help the achievement of broader project goals.
* Demonstrates and encourages awareness of our commercial performance.
* Systematically changes structures, processes, ways or working and behaviours to drive economic sustainability.