Building, Construction and Infrastructure, Hinkley Point Project, Power, Nuclear and Utilities, Civil Engineer , Structural Engineering , Hinkley Point, Nuclear New Build , Nuclear Power Station, Civil Engineer
£40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + good benefits
30 days ago
Role: Civil / Structural Engineers - UK Nuclear New Build
Location: Hinkley 'C' site near Bridgwater, Somerset
Salary: £40-60k + excellent benefits
Start: August 2020 onwards (due to need to obtain security clearance)
An exciting opportunity exists for a Civil / Structural Engineers with (ideally large) steel and concrete structures design and analysis experience and knowledge of relevant civil engineering Eurocodes to work in support of EDF's Hinkley 'C' nuclear power station construction project.
These roles will be based at the Hinkley 'C' site near Bridgwater, Somerset
The activities are focused on modification of design due to modification of construction method, non-conformance, clarification of design documents, or modification due to building requirements.
The civil work design is made on TEKLA, and used as a deliverable directly for construction activities for different tasks. The Civil Engineer will have the support of detailed designers in order to succeed in his/her task.
Prior Nuclear Industry experience would be useful but is not essential - other large project/structures experience would be acceptable
- Clarification of schedules and, more generally, design deliverables
- Review of construction non conformances and proposed solutions made by others;
- Review of construction modifications and proposed solutions made by others;
- Participating in collaborative meeting with designers, constructors and project managers;
- Collaborative activities with detailed designers
Qualifications and Experience
- Good Civil / Structural Engineering design experience
- Experience in design of concrete and metallic structure
- Experience in detailed design
- Experience on project dealing with material interfaces
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including travel / accommodation allowance, combined with the opportunity to work for a highly respected company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build industry offering excellent prospects for future career development and advancement.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction