Building, Construction and Infrastructure, Hinkley Point Project, Power, Nuclear and Utilities, Civil Engineer , Structural Engineering , Hinkley Point, Nuclear New Build , Nuclear Power Station, Civil Engineer
£30000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + good benefits
8 months ago
Role: Civil / Structural Engineers - UK Nuclear New Build
Location: Bristol, close to M4/M5 junction
Salary: £28-75k + excellent benefits
Start: March 2020 onwards
An exciting opportunity exists for a Civil / Structural Engineers with steel and concrete structures design and analysis experience to work as a Civil Engineer for our prestigious client in helping to produce the construction drawings for the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
This roles will be based in NW Bristol, 2 minutes' drive off of the M4 / M5 junction
The activities are focused on modification of design due to modification of construction method, non-conformance, clarification of design documents, or modification due to building requirements.
The civil work design is made on TEKLA, and used as a deliverable directly for construction activities for different tasks. The Civil Engineer will have the support of detailed designers in order to succeed in his/her task.
Prior Nuclear Industry experience would be useful but is not essential - other large project/structures experience would be acceptable
- Clarification of schedules and, more generally, design deliverables
- Review of construction non conformances and proposed solutions made by others;
- Review of construction modifications and proposed solutions made by others;
- Participating in collaborative meeting with designers, constructors and project managers;
- Collaborative activities with detailed designers
Qualifications and Experience
- Good Civil / Structural Engineering design experience
- Experience in design of concrete and metallic structure
- Experience in detailed design
- Experience on project dealing with material interfaces
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary along with a good benefits package and the opportunity to work for a highly respected company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build industry offering excellent prospects for future career development and advancement.