Bristol, S. W. England, England
Building, Construction and Infrastructure, Hinkley Point Project, Power, Nuclear and Utilities, Civil Engineer , Structural Engineering , Hinkley Point, Nuclear New Build , Nuclear Power Station, Civil Engineer
£30000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + good benefits
2 months ago
Role: Civil / Structural Engineers (junior to senior level) - Concrete Structures - UK Nuclear New Build
Location: Bristol, close to M4/M5 junction
Salary: £28-60k + excellent benefits
Start: October 2019 onwards
An exciting opportunity exists for a Civil / Structural Engineers with concrete structures design and analysis experience and knowledge of relevant civil engineering Eurocodes to work as a Civil Engineer for our prestigious client in helping to produce the construction drawings for the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
Skills and experience with Navisworks and/or Tekla would be advantageous for this role, as would prior nuclear industry experience
This roles will be based in NW Bristol, 2 minutes' drive off of the M4 / M5 junction
The activities are focused on modification of design due to modification of construction method, non-conformance, clarification of design documents, or modification due to building requirements.
The civil work design is made on TEKLA, and used as a deliverable directly for construction activities for different tasks. The Civil Engineer will have the support of detailed designers in order to succeed in his/her task.
Prior Nuclear Industry experience would be useful but is not essential - other large project/structures experience would be acceptable
- Clarification of schedules and, more generally, design deliverables
- Review of construction non conformances and proposed solutions made by others;
- Review of construction modifications and proposed solutions made by others;
- Participating in collaborative meeting with designers, constructors and project managers;
- Collaborative activities with detailed designers
Qualifications and Experience
- Good Civil / Structural Engineering design experience
- Experience in design of concrete structure
- Experience in detailed design
- Experience on project dealing with material interfaces
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary along with a good benefits package and the opportunity to work for a highly respected company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build industry offering excellent prospects for future career development and advancement.