Building, Construction and Infrastructure, Hinkley Point Project, Power, Nuclear and Utilities, Civil Engineer , Structural Engineering , Hinkley Point, Nuclear New Build , Nuclear Power Station, Civil Engineer
£30000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + good benefits
about 1 month ago
Role: Civil / Structural Engineers - Hinkley 'C' nuclear power station project
Location: Bristol, close to M4/M5 junction or Hinkley 'C' site near Bridgwater, Somerset
Salary: £28-60k + excellent benefits including bonus and relocation assistance
Start: June 2020 onwards
An exciting opportunity exists for a Civil / Structural Engineers with steel and concrete structures design and analysis experience to work as a Civil Engineer for our prestigious client in helping to produce the construction drawings for the Hinkley 'C' nuclear power station project.
This roles will be based in NW Bristol, 2 minutes' drive off of the M4 / M5 junction or at the Hinkley 'C' site near Bridgwater, Somerset
The activities are focused on modification of design due to modification of construction method, non-conformance, clarification of design documents, or modification due to building requirements.
The civil work design is made on TEKLA, and used as a deliverable directly for construction activities for different tasks. The Civil Engineer will have the support of detailed designers in order to succeed in his/her task.
Prior Nuclear Industry experience would be useful but is not essential - other large project/structures experience would be acceptable
- Clarification of schedules and, more generally, design deliverables
- Review of construction non conformances and proposed solutions made by others;
- Review of construction modifications and proposed solutions made by others;
- Participating in collaborative meeting with designers, constructors and project managers;
- Collaborative activities with detailed designers
Qualifications and Experience
- Good Civil / Structural Engineering design experience
- Experience in design of concrete and metallic structure
- Experience in detailed design
- Experience on project dealing with material interfaces
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary along with a excellent benefits including bonus, excellent pension and relocation assistance, as well as the opportunity to work for a highly respected company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build industry offering excellent prospects for future career development and advancement.