Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Vital Glasgow Construction
7 months ago
Vital resources have been employed by an International Construction and Engineering company to assist them in appointing a new Civil Project Engineer for several projects across the UK and Ireland.
As a Project Engineer you will be expected/ required to:
- Review tender documents and electrical requirements as defined by electrical engineers and put together a civil tender package for potential civil sub-contractors
- Review of tender responses from a technical viewpoint in order to assist the commercial department in selecting a preferred civil sub-contractor
- Liaise with electrical designers and civil designers to ensure civil designs meet requirements
- Manage and take ownership of interface with Client and Client processes in respect to civil design and works
- Review and quality control of civil design prior to them being issued to the Client
- Manage the Kirby Group input to the Client and / or Utility design review process with respect to civil designs
- Work with both the project PM and QS to prepare sub contract packages
- In conjunction with the project PM, project manage the civil sub-contractor
- Liaise with the electrical design team & electrical construction team to ensure correctness of civil installation & of successful handover to electrical construction and to the end Client.
- Work closely with the project PM to ensure that all variations are captured and notified to the project QS in a timely manner
- Liaise with the civil sub-contractor as required on variations and associated design / re-design works
- Ensure that the Clients management systems are complied with as set out in the contract documentation
- Management of civil sub consultants and contractors.
- Manage projects and delivery them to quality, safely and on time.
- Manage, assess and develop teams and assigned individuals
To be considered for this role, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Professional Civil Engineering qualifications
- Experience and knowledgeable in the design of structural and civil elements of varying materials
- Experience and proficient in producing and presenting drawings using AutoCAD
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package to the right person. If you would like more information or to apply, please contact Jamie Nicholson or click the "apply now" link.