£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits
Vital Glasgow Construction
16 days ago
Vital Resources are pleased to be working with a reputable and well established Heavy Civils and Infrastructure contractor to assist them in their search for an experienced General Foreman.
This is a critical role within the business, in their ongoing plans to continue their growth and development within the Civil Engineering and groundworks sector in Scotland.
Reporting to the Commercial Director your duties will include:
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of civil engineering projects
- Reviewing and reporting on the Client's Enquiry to enable a decision to bid.
- Preparing subcontract & materials enquiries for administration & buying team
- Building up an accurate cost estimates for the permanent works in an elemental and analytical format.
- Preparing an accurate cost estimate for the indirect resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements.
- Checking labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the tender programme.
- Preparing & presenting the commercial aspects of the tender to the Directors/Senior Managers for adjudication and approval.
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client.
- Managing hand over to the delivery team
To be considered for this position you will be able to demonstrate:
- HNC/HND or Degree qualification in Civil Engineering (or similar)
- Be able to work to strict deadlines
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Have good communication skills
- Have experience of using computer estimating packages.
- Experience in delivering projects as a Main Contractor
For this our client is willing to offer a very competitive salary along with a comprehensive package, and the chance to work for a reputable and growing name in the market.
If you would like more information, or to apply, please click the "apply now" ling or use the contact details provided.