£40000 - £60000 per annum
Vital Glasgow Construction
16 days ago
Vital Resources, have been employed by a well-established and growing Civil Engineering contractor specialising within Concrete Frames and Formwork.
Our client is looking for an experienced Civils Estimator to add to their already busy commercial team.
Within this role your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the preparation of the tender with assistance from the pre-construction team.
- Upon receipt of tender documents, review and prepare a report, including tender deliverables.
- Undertake a site inspection and prepare a report. Compile an appropriate risk register and update accordingly.
- Prepare and send out Tender enquiries to supply chain and review quotations received.
- Prepare Tender sum analysis, priced document/Bill of Quantities. Cross check/take off quantities from drawings as required.
- Attend, both internal and external tender review meetings with the procurement team.
- Liaise with Design Consultants to obtain design information and review value engineering proposals/construction processes.
- Prepare post tender valuation of submission to the construction team.
- File tender documentation in accordance with the company procedure.
- Attend handover meeting to brief the construction team
- Review production analysis and update.
To be considered for this position, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Appropriate Academic and Construction Qualification, with detailed civil engineering knowledge.
- Good communication skills to communicate with all members of the preconstruction/procurement team, Clients, Consultants and Directors.
- Membership of a professional institution.
- Degree educated
- Proven estimating experience in civil engineering.
- Previous Experience with NEC Form of Contracts would be preferable but not essential.
- Previous Experience with Evaluate estimating software would be preferable but not essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office package.
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a highlight competitive package.
If you would like more information, or to apply, please call 01698 753 850 or email