Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
1. Highway Bridge Inspection and reporting skill is essential.
2. Recently Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng through ICE or IStructE) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements;
3. Minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience in highway structures;
4. Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages such as LUSAS and SuperStress;
5. Good communication skills and the ability to work within a small team and have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines;
6. Good communication skills dealing with clients, developers, consultants, elected representatives and the public 7. Client focused approach to service delivery.
229678 Civil Engineer/ Bridge Inspector (Temporary)
Advert Title: Civil Engineer (Structures/ Bridge Inspector)
What is the purpose of this role?
To provide support to a Principal/ Senior Engineer within the structures design team to ensure:
* Delivery Principal Bridge Inspection programme for local councils
* Compliance with all relevant technical standards;
* Delivery of all project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required;
* Maintain good relationships with all external parties to enhance the reputation of Amey and the delivery of projects to the customer.
What makes this role unique?
Exciting opportunity to work for Amy Consulting based in our SE Hub office at Crawley. The structures team work on a wide range of structure renewals projects and Principal Bridge Inspection programme for the Local Highway Authorities, Highways England and Network Rail.
You will undertake activities including carrying out Principal Bridge Inspections & reporting, production of bridge designs and assessments, feasibility studies, report preparation and cost estimating.
What will this role involve?
* Carrying out Principal Bridge Inspections for long and short span highways structures.
* Preliminary and detailed design of structure renewal and strengthening projects, as well as structural assessments, studies and inspections
* Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
* Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence
* Be confident to work under minimum supervision, competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
* Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors
* Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with Amey procedures
* Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
* Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
* Engage in client and third party liaison
* Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
What are we looking for?
* Civil/Structural Engineering Graduate (BEng, MEng, MSc)
* Preferably a recently Incorporated Engineer (IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements;
* Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS Office suite and relevant structural engineering software packages
* Good communication skills dealing with clients, developers, consultants, elected representatives and the public;
* The ability to work within a team and have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines;
* Client focused approach to service delivery