Greater Manchester, England
£28000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + benefits
9 days ago
Morson are working in exclusive partnership with Amey Consulting, a leading multi discipline consultancy, who are recruiting for Senior Civil/Highways Engineers (and also Civil Engineers) to work within their busy roads and highways division in Manchester Trafford.
This particular Amey serves the One Trafford Partnership account, which is set up to deliver commercial and domestic waste collections, street cleansing, grounds maintenance, facilities management and highways services, including street lighting, bridges, drainage and street furniture.
The Wythenshawe based office houses a highly experienced team, many of which are chartered who between them hold many years design experience within the highways industry. Anyone joining as Civil Engineer will immediately benefit from being exposed to this level of expertise, coupled with Amey's best in class training and development schemes.
Candidates who go on to achieve IEng and CEng status will receive £3000 and £5000 respectively as well as significantly advancing their earnings and career potential at the same time.
What is the purpose of this role?
To play an important role within a design team, working closely for Senior and Principal Engineers to ensure: Compliance with all relevant technical standards Delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required Guidance is provided for less experienced staff and professional development and training is actively pursued.
What will this role involve?
* Develop designs in accordance with the Client's requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions.
* Assist in the development and supervision of project team members Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision Represent the business stream in multi-disciplinary project teams
Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options
* Prepare and check of assessment, calculations, design calculations and structural analysis Produce and check design concepts, design details, drawings specifications and other technical documents
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
The account has a significant forward work programme of projects including:
* Highway structural maintenance schemes
* Highway drainage improvement schemes
* Maintenance and improvement of highway structures
* Integrated transport, public realm and road safety improvement schemes
* Traffic management schemes
* Greater Manchester Mayor's Cycling and Walking Challenge Fund projects
* Highway improvements funded through developer contributions
* Carrington Relief Road
What will this role involve?
Key responsibilities are:
* Assist in the development and supervision of project team members
* Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
* Plan and prioritise own activities to ensure effective utilisation of time
* Undertake technical design work including the production of electronic drawings using AutoCAD and other related software.
* Resolve problems and issues to support the delivery of projects or design objectives
* Take ownership of and resolve problems when required with minimal supervision
* Provide technical administrative support including project administration
* Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external business partners, customers and clients
* Assist with continuous improvement in the services provided by the team
* Assist less experienced colleagues ensuring compliance with pre-defined standards
* Take ownership of personal development in order to build professional capability
Who are we looking for?
You will have attained or be working towards ONC, HNC/BEng in Civil Engineering or similar and be working towards EngTECH/IEng status of the Institution of Civil Engineers / Institution of Highways and Transportation or similar.
The applicant will need to demonstrate they have the key skills / knowledge in the following areas:
* Client focused approach to service delivery
* Design experience within a traffic engineering environment
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD/KeyLines to produce technical drawings
* Experience of traffic sign design and use of KeySign/KeyPost
* Knowledge of relevant design standards including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
* Awareness of contract documents and procedures including the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works
* Knowledge and experience of CDM regulations and other health and safety legislation
* Knowledge of Road Safety Audit procedures
* Knowledge of QM and EMS processes
* Experience of writing Traffic Regulation Orders
* Experience of designing a variety of schemes cycling, traffic calming, priority working, minor highways, bus lanes etc.
* Extensive experience of undertaking consultation with residents/businesses, stakeholders, councillors and other third parties
* Knowledge of relevant legislation including the Road Traffic Regulation Act the Local Authorities Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England and Wales) Regulations The Traffic Management Act the Highways Act and the Highways (Road Humps) Regulations
* Play a supporting role to the Principal Engineer & Senior Engineer
* Ability to undertake all activities to produce schemes through to detailed design
* Ability to work to tight timescales and budgets
* Team player
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Flexible and enthusiastic in approach
* Developing and motivating self and others
* Well organised
* High level of computer literacy including competency in the use of AutoCAD, KeySign, KeyLine, KeyPost, Microsoft Office
* Building excellent customer and client relationships
Alternatively email or call 0161 707 1516