Hinkley Point, Nuclear New Build, Building, Construction and Infrastructure, Civil Engineer, Civil Engineer, Hinkley Point Project, Nuclear Power Station, Structural Engineering, Power, Nuclear and Utilities
£30000 - £48500 per annum + excellent benefits
0117 933 4590
2 months ago
Role: Civil / Structural Engineers - Large Concrete Structures - UK Nuclear New Build
Location: North-West Bristol, close to M4/M5 junction
Salary: up to £48500 + good benefits including 10% client pension and private healthcare
Start: March 2021 onwards (due to need to obtain security clearance - client happy to wait for candidates to serve appropriate notice period)
An exciting opportunity exists for a Civil / Structural Engineer with (ideally large) concrete structures design and analysis experience and knowledge of relevant civil engineering Eurocodes to work in support of EDF's Hinkley 'C' nuclear power station construction project.
These roles will be based at the client's head office in north-west Bristol close to the M4/M5 junction.
Prior Nuclear Industry experience would be useful but is not essential - other large project/structures experience would be acceptable
- Clarification of schedules and, more generally, design deliverables
- Review of construction non conformances and proposed solutions made by others;
- Review of construction modifications and proposed solutions made by others;
- Participating in collaborative meeting with designers, constructors and project managers;
- Collaborative activities with detailed designers
Qualifications and Experience
- Good Civil / Structural Engineering design experience
- Experience in design of concrete structure
- Experience in detailed design
- Experience on project dealing with material interfaces
- Prior nuclear industry experience would be useful
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary and benefits package, combined with the opportunity to work for a highly respected company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build industry offering excellent prospects for future career development and advancement.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction