£20 - £25 per hour
about 1 month ago
4 Months +
Our client is currently looking for a Civil Asset Engineer for an initial temporary contract, initially 4 Months in duration with the potential to be extended for the right candidate.
The role will be predominantly based from Home but will involve 1 or 2 Site Visits per week across the North-West Region, covering anywhere between Kendal to Staffordshire.
About the role:
Our client is a large and complex national organisation. They are very proud to be the custodians of one of the largest collection of industrial heritage, covering 2,000 miles of the UK's canals and rivers and over 8,500 different structures, many of them listed.
As Asset Engineer you will work with colleagues across departments, and with a variety of partners internally and externally, to deliver works programmes and supports the implementation of the asset strategy for the Trust. You will support decisions on asset investment priorities which are driven by a risk management approach.
- Responsible for undertaking scheduled asset inspections, ensuring that they are completed to plan, approved and recorded in the prescribed format, to the prescribed quality Assess the outputs from inspections, make informed recommendations and proposals on the required work, accounting for; risks, cost, time, resources, heritage, environment and safety.
- Contribute technical advice during the feasibility, design, construction and commissioning phases for projects. This will include, Direct Services, Framework Contractors and Volunteers.Define the maintenance, repair and renewal works (through WIP's) for delivery by the Trust's teams and contractors, taking account of, all statutory, technical, operational and customer requirements.
- Engage with the Trust's internal and external customers
- Feedback comments and complaints to the relevant internal teams in a timely manner.
- Where appropriate actively participate in the Trust's "Stand-by" and" Call-out rotas".
- Support the definition of the maintenance, repair and renewal works for delivery by internal teams and contractors, taking account of, all statutory, technical, operational and customer requirements.
- Contribute to driving efficiency improvements by, keeping and sharing appropriate records, working alongside other professionals, working in accordance with agreed work plans and Strategies.
- Contribute to efficiency by working in accordance with agreed work plans and Strategies.
- Provide support to Third Party Works, and Externally Funded Works, as and when required.
- Support internal and external enquiries associated with the assets. Respond as appropriate by reference to relevant information sources..
- Where required, provide suitable temporary works designs to support works by Direct Services.
As you will work in a multi-disciplinary environment & teams as part of your day to day work, it is important that you really enjoy being part of a team and that you have a collaborative approach to your work. You will, of course, work alone under your own initiative too, however engaging with others across all levels of the organisation and with a variety of external partners is how you will get the job done.
Skills, knowledge & experience:
- Professional qualification in a relevant technical discipline, i.e. Degree or HND in Civil Engineering.
- Proven experience in assessing infrastructure risk. is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of historic infrastructure, preferably in a water environment
- Experience in cross-functional working delivering performance across range of functions
- Able to negotiate with internal and external contacts
- Able to support other areas of the business in an appropriate manner, taking account of overall business priorities and negotiating resources as appropriate.
- Able to provide a good standard of written communication and proven ability to present technical data to non-technical audiences.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Demonstrates strong Health and Safety awareness and experience of Health & Safety good practice processes & procedures.
- Current valid UK driving licences - travel across region and sites is expected.