Civil Engineer

This job is no longer open for applications.
​Please see similar jobs below:

  • Location

    Gloucestershire, England

  • Sector:

    Power, Nuclear and Utilities

  • Job type:


  • Salary:


  • Contact:

    Zaida Bhana

  • Contact email:


  • Job ref:


  • Published:

    28 days ago

  • Expiry date:


  • Start date:


Civil Engineer , Permanent, Berkeley Gloucestershire

Our Client at Berkeley Site (Berkeley, Gloucestershire) has a vacancy for an experienced Civil Engineer, to support with the management of site-wide Civil systems. The role will report directly to the Head of Engineering.

You will be responsible for the responsible for the integrity, safety and reliability of all Civil engineering systems onsite to ensure compliance with nuclear site licence conditions and responsible for identification, planning and implementation of any asset care requirements identified. In addition you will be asked to support the wider decommissioning programme at Berkeley Site, acting as a technical consultant and provide engineering oversight of construction/implementation of work on site where required.

To be considered for the role, the candidates shall meet the following minimum criteria:
* Qualified to a minimum of Degree level in Civil Engineering.
* 5 or more years' experience in a Civil Engineering role.
* A working knowledge of the design of concrete, steel and masonry structures using UK or European codes and standards.
In addition to the above, the following attributes are desirable:
* Previous experience working within the Civil Nuclear Industry or similar highly regulated environment.
* Previous experience in the inspection or appraisal of existing concrete, steel and masonry structures.
* Previous experience of Temporary Works.
* Willingness to work over the contracted 37 hours a week if required.
* Willingness to work within a multidisciplinary environment and take ownership as the key point of contact for civil & structural engineering issues on site.
* Working towards chartership with a recognised institution such as The Institution of Civil Engineers and / or The Institution of Structural Engineers.