3 months ago
Civil Engineer, Hinkley Point C, Bridgwater , Permanent
An immediate requirement for a Civil Engineer to join the HPC Project. The Civil Engineer will be the technical lead when reviewing and accepting the changes and will be responsible for managing the interfaces between the Contractor and the Designer. Reporting to the Civil R&A Discipline Lead you will work closely with the Designer and Construction team.
* Attend readiness reviews of Design Packages released for construction as and when required by design owners.
* Identify areas of the communications system that could affect Nuclear Safety, ensuring that processes comply with project quality procedures.
* Manage design changes for reviewing and accepting some site specific design documents, when deemed necessary, design issues are forwarded to designer representative sitting on site for resolution.
* Process requests for information, field change requests, and non-conformance documentation submitted to JDO within acceptable timescales, interfaces (technical & functional) and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised.
* Under broad supervision plan effective implementation identifying, tracking and managing the appropriate route to achieve critical tasks and deliverables.
Skills and Experience:-
* You will have experience in design, drafting and/or construction, excellent communication/interpersonal skills, presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
* Good technical knowledge and an ability to work with minimal supervision (technical or managerial), pragmatic and practical approach to issue management with strong compliance to procedures.
* Degree qualified or equivalent experience in Civil and Structural Design is essential.
* Knowledge of presentational techniques and solid experience in the design of a variety of Civil works.
* Understanding of Contract Management, particularly NEC, CDM Regulations, maintain accurate and timely records (whether systems, databases, spreadsheets)