Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + benefits
5 months ago
Morson International has entered in to a partnership with a telecommunications company to attract the best talent for projects up and down the UK. Our client is an alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure. They are experiencing rapid growth and we are now looking for a:
City Project Manager - Huddersfield
* To Project Manage the FTTP network rollout project in the location city
* To orchestrate in a controlled manner the activities across Design & Planning, Active Engineering & CoLo (networks), Deployment (construction), Procurement and Contracts Management, Wayleave acquisition and MDU builds, HR, finance and marketing workstreams to achieve a successful outcome of the project in that city against the Business Case target and overarching company objectives.
* To be the clear leader of the Project and to ensure full visibility of activity, costs and risks across all areas of the project
* Ensure the project and its objectives are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
* Works in harmonious partnership with Construction Manager to ensure successful project delivery - Project Manager is accountable for time and cost. Construction Manager is accountable for quality. Both roles are responsible for all.
* Monitor and track project progress against the detailed project plan
* Report project progress, status, costs and risk to PMO in a regular and timely manner
* Works closely with Construction Manager, Innovation and Architecture teams to ensure continuous feedback loop on areas for cost improvement and potential programme benefits realisations.
* Manage changes to project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques and in accordance with company management strategies, policies and plans
* Working with PMO Scheduler to ensure a fully detailed project execution plan is generated, maintained, accurately linked to correct dependencies and reported against
* Working with PMO Resource Manager and HR ensure resource availability and allocation to deliver the project.
* Coordinate the assigned resources from Design & Planning, Active Engineering & CoLo (networks), Deployment (construction), Procurement and Contracts Management, Wayleave acquisition and MDU builds, HR, finance and marketing workstreams and main contractor for the flawless execution of the project
* Assist Construction Manager in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders (internal and external) and ensuring technical feasibility
* Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
* Escalate to management as needed
* Successfully manage the relationship with all internal facing stakeholders (PMO, other departments). Closely coordinates with Construction Manager (who manages Highways level council stakeholder engagement) and City Development Managers and Marketing leads in this city to report a consolidated stakeholder view for the city to PMO.
* Perform risk management to minimize project risks, works closely with PMO Risk Manager to ensure consolidation of risk and qualitative risk management. Owns risks where appropriate.
* Champion the correct use of project mgmt collaboration software tools (e.g. Project Vision) and construction deployment software tools (e.g. DepotNet).
* To work closely with marketing to coordinate activities with the network construction.
* To be responsible for all forecasting of primary node area releasing that is provided to PMO to consolidate for service providers benefit
* To work with Construction Manager to plan all MDU builds and help Construction Manager with the rollout by coordinating the wider activities (such as third party design and planning and wayleave acquisition).
* Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation - ensure Sharepoint and Salesforce updated and maintained
Knowledge & Experience:
* Proven track record in delivery of large scale complex (£10m+) projects in a B2B environment
* Significant experience of successful end-to-end Project Management delivery incorporating client/business, contractors, procurement and network design
* Proven project management skills and expertise across all aspects of projects, from inception to delivery and handover
* Solid experience of planning & controlling complex, multi-work stream projects effectively (from start-up through to closure)
* Devising and delivering mitigations to address key risks facing the project
* Proven ability to develop and manage project budget and finances
* In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies including Prince 2 or PMi and MS Project or equivalent
* Proven leadership and people management expertise, managing and motivating matrix teams.
* MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills to intermediate level or above
* A telecoms or construction background, otherwise experience that shows ability to adapt to a multitude of different projects across different sectors (i.e. the ability to pick things up quickly)
Prince2 trained/PM authority
* Degree Qualified
Please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International for further information