£50000 - £60000 per annum
7 months ago
City Project Manager (FTC) - Scotland
Morson International are recruiting for a City Project Manager to join a leading telecommunications Infrastructure provider in a number of locations throughout Scotland. The Project Manager will be managing the FTTP network rollout project in the city. Orchestrating the activities across Design & Planning, Active Engineering & CoLo (networks), Deployment, Procurement, Contract Management; along with others. The City Project Manager will have experience working on large scale projects, worth over £10m+. The Project Manager will be working on a game changing project on a two year FTC.
The successful City Project Manager will be:
- Ensure the project and its objectives are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Works in harmonious partnership with Construction Manager to ensure successful project delivery - Project Manager is accountable for time and cost. Construction Manager is accountable for quality. Both roles are responsible for all.
- Monitor and track project progress against the detailed project plan.
- Report project progress, status, costs and risk to PMO in a regular and timely manner.
- Works closely with Construction Manager, Innovation and Architecture teams to ensure continuous feedback loop on areas for cost improvement and potential programme benefits realisations.
- Manage changes to project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques and in accordance with company management strategies, policies and plans.
- Work with PMO Scheduler to ensure a fully detailed project execution plan is generated, maintained, accurately linked to correct dependencies and reported against.
- Work with PMO Resource Manager and HR; ensure resource availability & allocation to deliver the project.
- Coordinate assigned resources from Design & Planning, Active Engineering & CoLo (networks), Deployment (construction), Procurement and Contracts Management, Wayleave acquisition and MDU builds, HR, finance and marketing workstreams and main contractor for the execution of the project.
- Assist Construction Manager in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders (internal and external) and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Escalate to management as needed.
- Successfully manage the relationship with all internal facing stakeholders (PMO, other departments). Closely coordinates with Construction Manager (who manages Highways level council stakeholder engagement) and City Development Managers and Marketing leads in this city to report a consolidated stakeholder view for the city to PMO.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks, works closely with PMO Risk Manager to ensure consolidation of risk and qualitative risk management. Owns risks where appropriate.
- Champion the correct use of project management collaboration software tools (e.g. Project Vision) and construction deployment software tools (e.g. DepotNet).
- To work closely with marketing to coordinate activities with the network construction.
- To be responsible for all forecasting of primary node area releasing that is provided to PMO to consolidate for service providers benefit.
- To work with Construction Manager to plan all MDU builds and help Construction Manager with the rollout by coordinating the wider activities (such as third party design and planning and wayleave acquisition).
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation - ensure Sharepoint and Salesforce updated and maintained.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to work on a game changing project. You will have the chance to work alongside some highly experienced managers and have the chance to really push forward within your career. This is a two year fixed term contract. If you are interested in this opportunity, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake for more information.