£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + benefits
15 days ago
Morson International is working with a leading provider of wholesale fibre networks in the UK and are expanding at an ever increasing rate. As part of these expansion plans we are now looking for a:
City Development Manager - Reading
To be the Senior Commercial champion in one or more of our fibre to the home ("FTTH") Gigabit Cities; leading on city commercial relationships, opportunity development and community engagement to ensure all vertical market opportunities (in Public Sector, Carrier, Wholesale Channel, Mobile and Consumer) are identified and maximised, relevant local stakeholders are fully engaged, all relationships are effectively managed and the reputation of the company is highly positive.
Would suit a customer focused team player who enjoys a broad rather than narrow role; is adept at networking and public speaking, is savvy in the local government arena, has a passion for technology, has strong local knowledge and network, who can develop strong internal and external relationships, is able to prioritise effectively, has an intuitive sense for what is important can see the bigger picture but is not afraid to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
- Lead the execution of Commercial & Community engagement locally.
- Be the local market expert: local demographics, competitor intelligence (BT FTTCNirgin presence), key business parks, housing developments, local partners, key local events & relevant 828 organisations.
- Develop strong local relationships to identify & progress local commercial opportunities in key vertical sectors including with local council, housing associations and property developers.
- Represent and speak for the company at local networking and community events.
- Local relationship with consumer ISP.
- Local Media engagement with central team support.
- Ensure local company & Partner ISP marketing initiatives are well supported.
- Ensure any construction issues are handled quickly, effectively and sensitively.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experienced in B2B account management
- Working knowledge & experience of Local Government
- Proven stakeholder management experience
- Ability to present confidently to large groups
- Positive references
- Hands on attitude
- Good local knowledge and existing relationships
- Telecoms market awareness helpful
- Marketing or PR background
- Experience in similar local market driven businesses (cable, other utilities etc)
- Media trained
- Strong team player able to lead a virtual team
- Gravitas, able to build long term professional relationships internally & externally
- Good presentation writing and public speaking skills; experience with local media
- Self-starter and able to work under pressure and unsociable hours on occasion
For further information please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International.