£32000 - £38000 per annum + benefits
9 months ago
Morson International is working with a leading provider of wholesale fibre networks in the UK and are expanding at an ever increasing rate. As part of these expansion plans we are now looking for a:
City Designer based in Peterborough
The City Designer is integral to the design and execution of building an FTTP city and beyond, by owning and driving 'End to End' well-planned city design through the lifecycle of the project.
* To design optionality for all potential fibre sectors.
* To own design evolution of a city, during rollout and post build developments
* To utilise all available assets (including DPA/Aerial/Own build and third-party assets) to achieve design
* To ensure appropriate network capacity for initial requirement and future scaling in the right location at the right time.
* To enable 'least cost for appropriate strategy for particular areas', taking in to account capacity and available build methodology
* To liaise with architecture and engineering to ensure that suitable solutions are found to improve design, buildability and enhance scale and cost
* To manage the high-level design including responsibility for issue to supply planning partners for detailed planning
* To oversee the City Planners QC interaction with the returned design and then input into FPiT
* Post returned QC design, to manage Cost Per Premise for entire city design - determine Soft LOC/Hard LOC to meet budgeting requirements.
* To work with Project Delivery Managers and City Project Managers to forecast CAPEX and OPEX requirements of designed infrastructure projects
* Liaise with procurement and contract management to BoQ
* Via liaison with City Planners, ensure that inflight changes to plan are managed effectively, ensuring delivery to appropriate design, including change requests that effect the fundamental design (tactical issues that affect strategic plan)
* To exercise rigour with regards to data quality within our management systems
* To drive consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness within city design
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* Experience with manipulating data and metadata underpinning a civils and fibre design
* Detailed understanding of all aspects of civils route planning
* Detailed understanding of all aspects of fibre planning
* Ability to understand and produce detailed industry-standard level of survey, installation and as-built documentation
* Knowledge and understanding of lit fibre services
* FTTP methodologies and design
* Working knowledge of Comsof FiberPlanIT
* Working knowledge of GE Smallworld
* GCSE level qualification including Mathematics and English
* Full Clean Driving Licence
For further information please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International.