3 months ago
CHP Commissioning Engineer
Design, installation and commissioning of a new 13.5MWe / 5MWth gas fired CHP plant, along with associated high voltage systems for integration with the existing base electrical distribution network.
* Work packages to be integrated during testing and commissioning include:
o CHP plant and associated waste heat boilers and other ancillaries and controls
o New HV switchboards (11kV and 33kV) and a step-up transformer
o HV cabling and integration with QEC sub-station
o HV cabling and integration with existing 11kV and 33kV sub-stations
o New low voltage power supply via a step-down transformer and new LV switchboard
o Power Management System
o Black start capability
o Interfaces with existing HV SCADA system
o Interfaces with existing site steam distribution system
Position Description Summary:
* To be responsible for planning, implementing and gaining appropriate approvals for the CHP test and commissioning activities.
* Manage all internal and external stakeholders throughout the CHP test and commissioning process.
* Support the CHP Project Programme / Project Manager's in the delivery of the CHP plant 'on load' commissioning & handover dates as per the project delivery programme.
* Support the BAE Systems Chief Engineer in the provision of engineering / operational governance for the CHP operating and safety systems to ensure that a Safe to Operate Certificate can be approved prior to handover.
The commissioning engineer's core duties will include:
* Ensuring that the CHP plant and all associated HV systems, power management system and interfaces with existing Portsmouth Naval Base infrastructure work in accordance with the requirements and work safely.
* Completing a consolidated test and commissioning plan, in accordance with BAE processes, encompassing the complete scope of works for all stakeholders
* Ensuring that detailed test scripts are produced, reviewed and approved prior to commencement of on-site commissioning activities.
* Liaising with all CHP project commissioning stakeholders to ensure that all interfaces and dependencies have been captured, detailed and scheduled into the commissioning plan accordingly.
* Coordinating the review and approval of suppliers test and commissioning documentation.
* Creating and carrying out test procedures, with the support of the appropriate personnel.
* Liaising with installation / project engineers.
* Supporting the scheduling and coordinating of works with the CHP project management team.
* Providing technical support
* Troubleshooting, investigating problems and supervising the diagnostics and repairs of any faults
* Coordinate with the site management team to ensure that test and commissioning activities on site are conducted in safe working conditions.
* Planning for systems handover, including operations and maintenance training, manuals, ongoing systems checks, etc.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant electrical / control & instrumentation qualification and membership of an accredited institution.
* Conversant with the Energy Networks Technical Specifications
* Experience in the systems integration and commissioning of high voltage systems and their associated controls.
* Preferably have experience in the commissioning and handover of large CHP plant or similar sized gas fuelled power generation systems.
* Familiar with the integration of new power generating and control equipment with SCADA, power management and electrical distribution network equipment.
To apply please forward your CV