3 months ago
Chief Structural Engineer - Warrington
Currently recruiting for a Chief Structural Engineer to join our clients growing Nuclear Power & Decommissioning team in Warrington
You will have the vision, passion and track record required to continue the growth of our structural engineering offering, undertaking a business development role as well as engineering design role.
You will lead the continued development of a strong team to whom you will provide leadership and robust management. In this high profile role, you will be the first point of direct contact with clients, partners and contractors.
This is an exciting time for the Nuclear Power & Decommissioning team with an interesting and expanding pipeline of both international and UK based projects.
The successful Chief Structural Engineer will have/be:
- Current experience working in a post where design was a major part of the role.
- Extensive post Chartership experience working in roles where your engineering knowledge of relevant practices, techniques and procedures is a key attribute.
- Able to demonstrate extensive experience of the Nuclear Sector, including new build and decommissioning projects. in roles reliant upon professional engineering expertise and judgement.
- Able to demonstrate excellent leadership capability and provide strategic guidance based on knowledge and experience of projects across a portfolio to inform and direct projects and programmes.
- Able to demonstrate Management of a team or function and in particular within complex or novel assignments.
- Demonstrable record of successful delivery, including positions influencing other professional engineers in the definition, implementation and delivery of engineering work packages.
- Ability to provide leadership and undertake business development in a key area within an engineering function including acting as a custodian of resource and expertise.
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of seismic/numerical modelling including finite element analysis, soil/structure and structure/soil/structure analysis in order to lead in this field.
- Able to establish new/or enhance existing processes/procedures.
- Able to prepare and deliver technical presentations.
- Comfortable in carrying out peer reviews of both internal and external technical submissions.
- Understanding of design principles and ability to apply them.
- Have a working knowledge of European and American Standards.
- Full UK driving license or equivalent that permits driving in the UK.
- Able to meet the requirements for security clearance in the UK.
- Structural Engineering Degree, or equivalent, at Masters or PhD level.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) with MIStructE or equivalent institute.