£15.64 - £19.55 per hour
about 1 year ago
6 months PLUS
Coating Development Technician (Chemist) - Based near Luton Airport
An exiting opportunity has arisen for a Production Chemist to join a leading Aerospace Manufacturers for 6 months initially but likely to be extended. This role would be suitable for those with Coatings experience or recent graduates.
£15.64 - £19.55 Limited rate but can offer PAYE rates of £12.00-£15.00 PAYE
The Role: Reporting to the Chemistry Projects Lead, the Development Chemist will work within a small but growing development team on the development of aerospace coatings for niche applications. The primary role of the Development Chemist will be the formulation, application, testing and improvement of development coatings for various aerospace applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands on development of durable, functional coatings for plastics and composites, taking a product from concept to various stages of technology readiness.
- The role will include working on multiple projects, following project plans and reporting on progress to the wider team. Additional activities such as developing new test procedures and writing coating specifications will also be undertaken
- Interpretation of practical test results to inform next stage of work, through the use of experimental design and tests on analytical equipment.
- Presentation of technical progress to Chemistry Projects Lead and wider team via presentations, progress reviews and technical reports.
- Occasional travel to other sites/ stakeholders, suppliers and customers if required.
- Contribute to improvement activities in support of the department continuous improvement objectives for the year.
- Health & Safety support - Risk & CoSHH assessments.
- Provide assistance to technical project planning activities, such as support to risk register population, where required.
- Compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety Legislation and Company's Policies.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in formulation and testing of coatings gained within the aerospace, automotive or industrial coatings sectors.
- Experience in creating appropriate health and safety documentation for hazardous material handling such as CoSHH and risk assessments.
- Experience in coating application processes or a willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products - Excel & Word specifically.
- A Chemistry degree or degree in a scientific subject with an understanding of organic or polymer chemistry is preferred but candidates with proven coating formulation and development experience will also be considered.
If this position is of interest please apply of contract Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516/