Up to £21.64 per hour
5 days ago
The Charge Design Engineer will operate as part of a multi-disciplined propelling charge development team involved in the development, design and manufacture of charges for a number of new munitions products and maintaining performance of legacy products.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, development, test and evaluation activities of new and legacy propelling charges.
- Conducting and managing trials in a safe and suitable manner, from the trials planning stage to completion of the trial and presentation of the data.
- Development and use safe systems of work for Engineering tasks.
- Interface with suppliers, both internal and external, to ensure that development activities are completed to time and schedule.
- Development of quality systems.
- Contribution to the Life Cycle Management Process where required.
- Contribution to the Risk Management process.
WHAT WE NEED ABILITY WISE
- Seasoned in the Chemical/Chemical Engineering industry.
- Knowledge of hazard identification, risk assessment and mitigation in support of trial or test activities.
- Planning and conducting and evaluating trials.
- An understanding of project/risk management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of gun propellants
- Knowledge of the propelling charge design process
- Knowledge of the chemistry of propellants and their ingredients
- Have used mathematical modelling.
- Familiarity with the Life Cycle Management (LCM) process.
- A working knowledge of Systems Engineering and Engineering design.
- Data analysis and computing skills
- Report writing skills