£8.20 - £17.95 per hour
5 days ago
We have a number of exciting opportunities for the below chefs to join an outstanding team.
You will cater and produce quality in-flight meals for a variety of established airlines working on a shift basis at London Heathrow Airport.
* Chef de Partie
* Demi Chef
We are also looking for experienced Oriental Chefs to join the team.
Our client is the leading provider of in-flight catering and logistics across the UK. Throughout their 17 locations they cater for more than 440 flights a day.
You will have the responsibility for preparing, cooking and presenting a range of dishes, supported by the wider kitchen team. You will develop and produce meals for first, business and economy class airline customers and participate in food presentations to airline customers.
Candidates must have:
* Either City & Guilds 706/2 or NVQ Level 1 or 2
* You must be fully knife trained
* You will have previous catering experience as a chef (essential). Previous airline catering experience is highly desirable.
* You should be familiar with authentic and conventional, as well as contemporary ingredient, with detailed knowledge of, and experience in preparing different cuisines.
* You will understand airline specifications demonstrate competence in adhering to company compliance documentation.
* You will need to be a self-disciplined person who takes pride in what they produce.
* You will need a flexible approach to work and have an ability to withstand the pressure of working in a busy environment.
As part of the recruitment process we will carry out a full 5-year employment check and criminal records check on all successful applicants in order to comply with Civil Aviation Authority regulations. This can take up to 4 weeks to complete.
If you are successful, we will provide you with full training on all processes and systems.