£45000.00 - £49000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Our Lancashire based client are a large manufacturer and bespoke projects business who have a long and prestigious history. They are looking for a Chartered Mechanical Engineer to supplement their developed engineering team. Candidate must be willing to travel overseas and may be required to spend periods on construction sites supervising the installation and commissioning of plant and equipment. This is typically a number of 6 to 8 weeks (with a short return to the UK) and is expected wherever the business opportunity exists.
The successful candidate is expected to be a graduate and preferably a Chartered Engineer with relevant engineering experience. Preferable experience will include the design and specification, installation supervision and commissioning of process piping systems and process equipment. They should possess a high level of numerical and analytical reasoning skills. Be pro-active and able to work on their own initiative, ready to identify problems and quickly report them/provide solutions. An ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales is essential. The successful candidates will have exceptional interpersonal skills and team-working skills with a natural enthusiasm and an ability to work hard and manage projects accordingly. They will also be a driven individual with a continual desire to improve the performance of themselves and the team.
* 25 days holiday
* BUPA Healthcare
* Holiday Salary Exchange scheme
* Car subsidy scheme
* Management Incentive Plan bonus
* Continual professional development and training
* Pension with employer contribution
* Employee discount schemes
* On site Car Parking and Restaurant
* On site fitness activities and events, yoga, football, Pilates, table tennis, golf society
Based at rural 50-acre site in West Lancashire between the cities of Liverpool and Manchester, within easy reach of the Lake District and Peak District.
Architectural Engineering provides a total project engineering service for capital projects on behalf of the business, worldwide. This service covers all aspects of the project from feasibility studies, through specification, design and procurement to installation and commissioning. Capital projects can vary between the total build of a new factory installation on a Greenfield site to a major overhaul of an existing plant.
A vacancy has arisen for a Mechanical Engineer in the Mechanical Systems section of Architectural Engineering and reporting to the Section Head - Mechanical Systems. The main responsibilities of the role are:
* Design, specification, procurement and management of installation and commissioning of a wide variety of process equipment and systems
* Management of internal and external resources, designers and equipment suppliers
* Project engineering, including management of HSE, project planning, contract management and cost control
Interested? Please send your CV or call 0161 707 1516