Up to £0.00 per annum
7 months ago
Our client a leading Renewable company are seeking a Channel Strategy & Demand Generation Manager for an approx 6 month contract role.
Job Purpose Statement
Reporting to the Head of Customer Experience and Policy, this role will lead Smart Channel Strategy and Demand Generation responsible for developing and executing the strategic demand plan and delivering smart appointments which meet our contractual installation capacity requirements and ultimately our regulatory smart rollout obligation.
The role holder will be responsible for the modelling, coordination, delivery and governance of smart appointments across all channels and management of the multi-million customer engagement budget across all channels.
Vital to this task is the establishment of strong stakeholder relations with the Demand Optimisation function, all channel owners and internal teams including Marketing, Data, Digtal and CoE, to ensure flexibility and agility in the movement of each customer demand lever and the coordinated delivery of current and future demand generation requirements, always testing and learning and seeking continuous improvement.
Overall the Channel Strategy and Demand Manager will provide an essential contribution to the successful delivery of the smart meter roll out.
* High Level End-End Smart Customer Engagement strategy
* Understand clients customer base and their metering requirements.
* Set vision, direction and priorities for Smart Demand Generation across UK Retail.
* Ownership of the demand plan and input to central bottom up forecast.
* Develop and execute the short, mid and long term Smart Customer Demand Plan across all reactive and proactive channels.
* Model customer demand in line with installer capacity to feed the Demand and Supply Planning Tool.
* Accountable for the volume and quality of smart appointments booked each week.
* Operational management of customer demand in line with contractual volumes and regulatory requirements, ensuring the client takes all reasonable steps to communicate with 100% of our customers with the offer of smart metering.
* Ensure all channel activities are aligned to the vision, coherent with each other, and that outputs meet time and quality expectation.
* Chair Demand Strategy and Planning Forum (DSPF)
* Lead governance and consultation with all channel stakeholders to enable the pulling of demand levers as directed by the Demand Optimisation function.
* Interface to Demand Optimisation function (DOC)
* Define weekly demand generation volumes by demand channel and by MOP, overseeing inputs to Demand Generation Forum (DGF)
* Chairing DGF, to ratify generation decisions - and to hold to account the channel owners on their performance
* Analyse channel performance and drive continuous improvement across all channels.
* Development and optimisation of smart customer journeys across channels (contact channels, messages)
* Robust and coherent management of customer data through the end-end customer engagement lifecycle and across various tools and systems (DOC, Eligibility, SAP, into fulfillment houses)
* Ensure accurate performance MI and reporting for smart demand generation, across appointment volumes, attribution, conversion, channel performance and forward view of appointment pipeline
* Manage a wide range of stakeholders including other smart work streams, smart leadership, operational teams that make up the demand generation channels, and the various support functions (e.g. MI, IT, data & analytics)
Skills Knowledge & Experience
* Strong stakeholder management across a wide set of senior stakeholders
* Delivery - Must have an impressive track record of operational delivery, having successfully delivered and managed multiple cross functional teams within a demanding environment and achieved outstanding results.
* Leadership - A proven leader, highly credible with infectious enthusiasm to motivate and inspire change. Must be able to set vision, approach, drive alignment to vision lead and implement complex strategic initiatives.
* Degree - The post holder should hold a recognised University Degree or a professional qualification
* Experience - Extensive experience and expertise, 10 years minimum in a business environment - preferably within the electricity or utilities environment. Ability to plan, design and execute major multi pound projects in a multi-disciplined environment, balancing the conflicting requirements of time, cost and quality. Strong understanding of financial, commercial and business techniques and practices
* Presentation/Chairing/Negotiation - Must be a competent and confident facilitator. Must be able to programme and control large meetings efficiently to achieve stated aims. Must be a competent negotiator, able to achieve the objectives of both Smart Programme and the Retail Business. Must have ability to think clearly and logically and to communicate complex issues in a concise manner.
* Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
* Interpersonal - Decisive, planned and organised, must be able to quickly form effective working relationships at all levels and to manage, motivate and advise project teams
* Significant experience in managing and influencing stakeholders
* Excellent negotiation / influencing skills and strong commercial acumen
* Proficient user of Microsoft Excel
* Experience in data analysis and generating clear, actionable insight for strategic and operational decision making