Up to £28.42 per hour
3 months ago
Job Title: Change Manager (Operational Change & CAB)
Duration: 3 Months
Rate: £28.42 per hour
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF JOB:
The main objective of this role is to be responsible for ensuring that the impact of changes to IT systems is managed in an effective way to maximise the delivery of expected business outcome.
The SMI Change Manager will work with the various business teams and Managed Suppliers to support and guide them through the required steps to implement systems related change. The change manager will help to articulate the way in which changes will affect the users on a day-to-day basis. This includes:
* Provide Operational Change Management services to manage the technical changes that impact infrastructure and services.
* Working with operational managers and project delivery function to ensure that the end to end Change Management processes and working practices are effective and efficient through regular review and the use of measures.
* Co-ordinate the review and approval of changes and confirm that changes have been successfully completed.
* The Change Manager will have the overall Operational Change management responsibility and will run Change Approval Boards (CABs) and Emergency CABs (eCABs) covering all in-scope suppliers
* Maintain a Forward Schedule of Change report which will be refreshed in line with the business need.
* Lead the review of failed/backed out changes to determine lessons learned/best practice to enable CSI.
* To provide data to ensure that asset and configuration records are accurately maintained as a result of change.
* To deliver customer facing and internal change management activities to ensure ongoing stakeholder and user engagement.
* Such other activities as may be required to fulfil your responsibilities as Change Manager
* Supporting the Operational Change Management processes and jointly ensuring that they are fit for purpose and complied with
* Ensuring that changes are effectively and efficiently reviewed by all appropriate parties
* Ensuring that changes are successfully delivered in accordance with agreed SLAs and OLAs and are communicated appropriately with the business and that appropriate business agreement is obtained for changes
* Working within a set of agreed measures for successful change and ensuring that the measures are achieved
* Chairing Review Boards and ensuring that the results of such boards are accurately recorded and published
* Maintaining and communicating a forward schedule of change
* Confident communication & service excellence skills
* Commercial/finance/governance understanding
* Ability to network within both client and supplier organisations and work effectively with stakeholders
* Clear understanding of business requirements for communications around change
* Ability to coordinate and direct suppliers in change management functions
FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED (qualifications/experience):
* Strong character who will protect service from poor or unauthorised changes
* Very strong communication skills: oral, written, facilitation
* ITIL lifecycle experience.
* Experience of IT change management processes involving multiple suppliers
* Proven ability to actively manage risk and make informed judgements