Up to £50 per annum + Negotiable
3 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Change Project Manager to join one of our prestigious clients:
This role sits within the Delivery team supporting both the Programme Manager and Commercial Manager within a multi-disciplined Integrated Project Team (IPT), delivering the company's biggest Defence Prime Contract with the Ministry of Defence. This role will specifically lead the Management of Change on this complex programme.
The successful candidate will ideally have both Programme Delivery and Commercial experience in the Defence Sector, and a background delivering complex projects as part of an effective team. The role will involve working as part of a dynamic team, dealing with multiple tasks on a high-paced programme. The importance of being able to build strong and effective relationships within the team, and with the customer, cannot be underestimated.
The job will vary from day to day, due to the nature of a project of this size, but the following gives an indication of the role requirements:
- To manage Contract changes from inception to execution, across a range of topics - from schedule changes and emergent work, to fully-costed packages of work
- To draft Contract Change proposals, seeking and agreeing input from all functions as required, and tasking when appropriate
- To proactively manage priorities in line with the Customer, and ensure Programme schedule is maintained
- To manage all internal governance and processes required to approve priced and unpriced Contract Change proposals, including management of internal stakeholders
- To manage pricing and risk inputs to proposals; and to be able to present and defend these internally, and with the customer
- To take responsibility for tracking Customer obligations and dependencies, and their impact on the programme
- To work with the Commercial and Project Control teams to implement agreed Contract Change proposals on internal systems
- Support the Programme Manager with reporting, and with active participation in Weekly/Fortnightly/Monthly Progress Meetings when required
Successful candidate must hold:
- Demonstrated project management experience in all phases of the project execution lifecycle with ability to develop and maintain excellent customer/ supplier relations
- Strong team leadership skills and a high level of personal drive and commitment are also essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build and support relationships with customers and partners; and the ability to constructively challenge others to influence the commercial position
- Education to degree level (legal or business related degree preferred), or equivalent experience in a similar role
It is desirable to have:
- Demonstrated experience of commercial management, ideally with UK Ministry of Defence, with a record of negotiating and agreeing terms and conditions
- Knowledge of standard commercial processes & procedures and appropriate commercial drafting and use of language
- A familiarity with SAP (or equivalent ERP system) and its functionality
- A professional qualification such as IACCM, CIPS or APM
- Demonstrated experience with Lifecycle Management and business processes
- Understanding of Export Control and Compliance including UK Export and ITAR.
- Experience of bidding to and managing contracts with export customers
- Travel will likely be required, with occasional overnight stays away from home.
- International travel may be required.
- Driving licence required.
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.