Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
Purpose of the Job
Oversee the delivery of compliant Certification for System wide contracts within the Central Section.
Supporting the Delivery Certification Manager in developing and leading the implementation of certification requirements including;
- Oversee the Contractor's completion of installation and commissioning certification to support a contract or element.
- Deliver certification instructions, through training and workshops where necessary, to achieve consistent and standard formats for contractor certificates and packages and to support handover.
- Conduct regular surveillance's on the progressive production and collation of project documentation to improve the timeliness of package submission and acceptance.
- Provide periodic updates on progress and issues related to certification of the allocated projects.
- Review certification packages for quality assurance and compliance to support the technical review by the Supervisor's Rep.
- Overseeing the provision of red-line and as-built record drawings from the contractor and designers for inclusion into certification packages.
- Attend QFMs and Quality Meetings (as required) and ensure the Contractor holds effective Certification meetings.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the our client Target Zero principles
- Co-operate with our client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for our client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with our client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put our client's information or information systems at risk
Main Challenges of the Job
- Fostering a culture which promotes contemporaneous, right-first-time and on-time submissions of certification packages.
- The ability to operate on a multi contractual level and prioritise activities appropriate to the associated risks.
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Reports to the delivery Delivery Certification Manager as Line Manager and provides support to the Certification Engineer for Rail Systems, if required.
- Works closely with the Delivery Teams including; PMs, Field Engineering, Handover and Contractors, and supply chains where necessary.
- Liaise with the Supervisor's Reps to determine dates in line with the accepted programme for submission of packages to enable progressive assurance.
- Infrastructure Managers and 3rd Party Asset Owners
- Member of the Chartered Quality Institute (preferred)
- Appropriate experience working for a Client organisation on a major multi-discipline infrastructure project in a self-certifying environment.
- Proven experience of successfully delivering certification and record packages for a Contracting Organisation on projects involving rail systems and communications.
- Ability to plan, organise and monitor a wide variety of team efforts to their successful conclusion
- Strong personality with ability to enforce certification requirements
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel for maintaining spreadsheet data.