Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our nuclear sector client require a Cement Technologist to work at either their Oxon, or Cumbria sites on a longer term contract approx 20 hours per week.
Responsible for obtaining solutions in specified areas of expertise in support of internal end-users needs. (Siting, waste management and development of the generic disposal system.
* Understanding of the range of cement-based materials under consideration for geological disposal in the UK and overseas and their properties and applications.
* Understanding of the effects of re-saturation on the cement based engineered systems including heat generation and its consequences.
* Understanding of the long-term evolution of cement-based systems, including the effects of leaching and ageing on the mineral and pore-water composition.
* Understanding of cement-based back fill requirements in order to maintain the viability of these systems within RWM's disposal concepts.
* Understanding of the factors affecting barrier performance in cement-based systems, particularly cracking and carbonation.