£22000 - £26000 per annum + 12.5% shift premium
3 months ago
Responsible for running and planning of routes for cell products required for finishing cells. Also responsible for initiating and implementing production improvement and cost reduction projects.
1. To work on productivity projects and process improvements
2. To work on key equipment installation and preventative maintenance
3. System improvement and data
4. To work with Management, Production operators, Quality and Engineering teams to significantly improve efficiencies in the section, aiming to achieve "right first time, every time" standards of quality and delivery.
5. Maintain production levels as per KPI requirements as well as attend TOC meetings to update the senior management team
6. To project manage the installation of new machinery and equipment with minimum disruption to everyday work.
7. To take ownership of Quality Improvement Processes relating to the section, in line with the Company standards and procedures.
8. Constantly challenge staff where necessary to ensure planned jobs run as smoothly and efficiently as possible
9. Implementing cost saving exercises, actively pursues and encourage cost savings.
10. Co-ordinating set-up time reduction projects.
11. Personally challenge fixed ideas, current methods and look for ways to make improvement via improvement plan.
12. To provide engineering assistance to resolve tooling production problems.
13. To accept responsibility for new products, processes or projects as required.
14. Continual communication with the Cell Manager to ensure that the bottleneck machines maintain maximum availability including manpower availability.
15. Working with facilities in regards to factory layout and planning for any new machinery coming in.
16. Use of Solidworks and Auto CAD software for design purposes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required
o Good academic background - educated to degree or Apprentice/HNC/HND qualified.
o Experience within an aerospace manufacturing company is preferred.
o Knowledge of CAD CAM, AutoCad, CNC Turning, CNC Programming (Fanuc or Siemens 840di) and Solidworks.
o Methods and planning experience, tooling design/fixture design, intuitive thinking, understanding of centreless grinding and thread rolling desired.
o Must be computer literate and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, competent in using in using Excel and operation planning systems.
o Excellent communication skills.
o Experience of working on capital and non-capital projects and leading them through is also an added bonus as you will be expected to see non-capital projects through the department (tooling, processes, etc.)
o Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with quick solutions to problems.