about 1 month ago
A member of a multi-disciplined technical engineering team with core Electrical / Instrumentation skills providing the maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning, calibration, inspection and modification of plant and process related equipment in a safe, cost effective and reliable manner.
- Complete scheduled maintenance activities and inspections to procedure and plan. Respond to plant outages and breakdown activities flexibly and in line with company requirements.
- Works within the team, between teams and with contractors to deliver the maintenance programme and to improve performance of existing installations. Also designs, develop, install, commission and qualify new systems and equipment, as necessary.
- Liaise with maintenance contractors and suppliers to ensure the cost effective provision of services and parts.
- Undertakes radiological monitoring of self and equipment to minimise the possible spread of radiological contamination.
- Contribute to the development of planned maintenance strategies and methodologies to maximise plant availability.
Education & Qualifications Required
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship at NVQ Level 3
- Relevant City and Guilds qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Relevant HNC qualification in CE&I Engineering
- The capability of understanding electrical, instrumentation, control and mechanical drawings and technical data sheets to aid fault finding
- IT literate with experience of Microsoft applications, including SAP to input, extract and present data
- Utilise SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems) / PLC information to aid problem solving for plant availability