Up to £17100 per annum
4 months ago
Job Title: Catering Assistant
Location: Witham St Hughs
Salary: Competitive, with excellent benefits package
Position Purpose & Summary
To perform general kitchen duties within the Catering Department involving fresh food preparation, cooking, cleaning, pot washing, vending and customer service. Working as a team to a high standard and in compliance with Health and Safety and Food Safety Regulations.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 7.45am until 4pm.
- Food preparation to include salad bar, cooking, breakfast, buffet work. With the aid of and use of preparation machines.
- Deliver tea & coffee, buffets, carry out cleaning and filling of all vending machines on site.
- Serve food at lunch time. Be able to operate the till, and some cashing up procedures.
- Cleaning, and filling out relevant records, follow Safer Food Better Business procedures.
Qualifications & skills required
- Catering experience preferred
- Strong communication & team working skills
- Educated to GCSE Level (or equivalent) for Maths and English
- Be aware of Health and Safety regulations and HACCP.
- Food hygiene awareness
- N.V.Q or City & Guilds qualification in relevant subject would be advantageous
To apply, please send your CV or call Anne Oxton on 01617071516. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 5 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.