£10 - £10.50 per hour
3 months ago
My client is currently looking for a catering assistant to be based in Kentish Town from the 1st July until 23rd July.
A vacancy has arisen for a role within the staff canteen team at my clients London headquarters. The premises are located of the Highgate Road in Kentish town and are just a short walk from both Gospel Oak and Kentish Town stations.
The staff canteen is a busy operation offering food service for 150 to 200 staff members and visitors to the estate. The team is comprised of Catering Manager and two other catering assistants who are responsible for delivering quality food.
* Assist with basic food preparation, as required
* Ensuring all ingredients are stored and sorted correctly
* Assist with the setting up service counters, serving food and clearing down areas afterwards within the main dining hall.
* Assist with the cleaning of all crockery, cutlery and service utensils. Ensuring all are stored appropriately
* Dealing with customers queries or requests in a polite and efficient manner
* Maintaining standards of safety and hygiene per legislation and other statutory requirements
* Attending meetings and training sessions as required
* Cover Yard Canteen, as required
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Professional, friendly and welcoming attitude
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Pro-active and hands on
* Ability to show initiative
* Must have good communication skills
* High standards of personal hygiene
* Food hygiene certificate level 2
* Hospitality industry
* Working within a customer focused environment
* Food service and preparation
6:00 am to 3:00 pm (Monday to Friday)