South East London, London
£30000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
6 days ago
Job Title: Category Manager (Facilities Management)
Salary: Competitive Package
Currently working with a large multinational business, who have a substantial presence across numerous industries, striving to provide efficiency and effectiveness for their clients. . A substantial UK player within their market, the business require a Category Manager on a 12-18month FTC.
The Category Manager (Facilities) will plan and manage the timely sourcing and procurement of goods and services as required within the Region, using the company's tender process, aiming to achieve value for money for goods and services and, with the implementation of Service Level Agreements, a consistently acceptable delivery of service. In addition, the Category Manager will be responsible for coordinating regular supplier review meetings, with key stakeholders from across the business, to ensure suppliers work in accordance with their contracted terms and performance metrics.
- Operating within agreed company procedures, manage tender processes leading to the appointment of suppliers as required by internal stakeholders.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of contract with suppliers.
- Liaise with stakeholders on a regular basis to understand their procurement requirements
- Manage facility related suppliers through the life of their contracts
- Monitor supplier performance against agreed Performance Indicators on a regular basis.
- Liaise regularly with internal stakeholders to assess their views of supplier performance.
- Actively manage the workload of the Assistant Category Manager (Facilities) and Contract Administrator
- Actively promote the group procurement function to existing and potential stakeholders
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Aptitude to work under own initiative
- Very good communication skills on a verbal and written level;
- Excellent customer service interfacing skills;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to organise workload and identify business priorities;
- Proficient in the use of: Microsoft Outlook; Word and Excel;
- Very good planning and organisational skills.
- An understanding of business processes and workflow charts
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.