Job title: Category Buyer – Core Process Technology (CPT)
Job type: Permanent
Salary: £37,000 - £42,000
About the company
Our client is a major global player in the nuclear industry operating on a UK nuclear licensed site specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services. They are committed to providing a flexible and hybrid working culture for everyone whilst actively seeking ways of working that allow people to grow and thrive in their roles. Our client offers excellent employment conditions such as a generous annual leave allowance and company pension scheme. Inclusion and Diversity is essential to them being able to best serve our business and strive to ensure that no one is treated inappropriately or disrespectfully at the workplace.
About the role
The Category Buyer Core Process Technology is required to take full ownership for all commercial aspects of a defined sub-category of spend, including full category planning, execution and management. Leads companywide cross functional teams to secure the supply chain, to set and meet value delivery targets, and will be expected to deliver significant amount of key senior stakeholder management influence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the full life-cycle management and development of sub-category plans including supply market analysis, demand assimilation, strategy development, strategic sourcing and supplier management activities
- Savings delivery is a critical component of the role and Category Buyers will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of reporting and management of value outlooks in standard company reporting tools
- To be effective in the role Category Buyers will be expert in leading cross-company/cross functional teams to develop and influence a global view of strategy and deployment
- Category Buyers will collaborate with project specific stakeholders to ensure change management is efficient and effective to guarantee sustainable value delivery.
Skills and Education:
- Degree (or equivalent)
- CIPS qualification (or equivalent)
- 3~5 Years Senior Buyer equivalent experience (essential)
- Experience in sourcing, negotiation, and management of spend categories (essential)
- A proven track record of working with senior stakeholders (essential)
- Experience working across multiple sites (essential)
Have expert skills in influencing and negotiation skills alongside key technical competencies relating to procurement transactional planning, commercial contract management and supplier relationship management (essential)
Don’t meet every single requirement? The real fit for a job is not always in your current experience or education. We are striving towards strong, diverse and complementary teams, in an inclusive and authentic workplace. So if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be just the right candidate for this or other roles and we would like to speak with you!