£400 - £500 per day
13 days ago
Morson International is looking for Category Buyer for our defence client based in Glasgow.
The candidate must hold mechanical / manufacturing procurement experience.
The Category Buyer (CB) supports one or several procurement categories.
The CB works in close relation with the relevant Global Category Managers (GCM), the Categories Team leader (CTL), the Category Manager (CM) and the Tactical Buyer (TB).
All actions have to be in line with the strategy defined by the Global Category Manager and the CM. The CB's prime role is the management of the RFI or/and RFP's until PVet 4 stage (up to PVet 5 based on some Regions) in order to provide the competiveness to the business.
In addition to this their main tasks are:
Operational Support :
- Ensure the BA's receive all required information to raise the Purchase Orders.
Procurement Competitiveness Capture:
- Monitor the markets for defined categories including key players, newcomers, economic evolutions, market or regulation constraints, innovations and technology in order to support the development of the most up to date category strategies to the businesses.
- Based on the above provide insights as to how products / projects could be more competitive via the adoption of different suppliers / methodologies / technology etc.
Governance, Leadership and Performance Management:
- Ensure appropriate governance is applied using KPI's and root cause corrective actions
Supplier / Acquisition Management:
- Performance management of the supply base in line with the standards set out by the Global Category Manager.
- Ensure that supplier competitions follow the governance process and are balanced and fair in order to improve business and customer performance.
- Ensure that global contracts / framework agreements are adopted and utilised.
- Based on the performance management of the supply base identify the suppliers who require focused development actions and ensure that the Supplier Development Team have the required support / leverage in order for these actions to be successful.
Key Performance Indicators for this position are:
- Annual volume of commitment and spend within relevant category (ies) and % of Savings
- Number of suppliers for the given category and the structured closure of legacy, close and disengage suppliers as defined by the category strategies
- Year on year competitiveness and cost reductions
- Category operational performance (quality, on-time delivery, supply risk assessment
- % Category compliance with policy suppliers based on both commitment and spend
- Involve in the creation of specific contract(s) where there is a business need"
Skills and qualifications:
- Ability to implement operational supply chain strategy
- Contractual knowledge especially of framework agreements, Liability & insurance.
- Ability to lead negotiation including import / export considerations
- Understanding of the market for the categories under his/her control but also ability to understand the customer's needs and program issues
- Good knowledge of a best practice acquisition Process.
- Capability to work within cross functional and international multi organisational teams (teamwork)
- Open minded (listen, share ideas etc.) and able to bring added value and new idea
- Ability to take initiatives with a good capacity of analysis and of synthesis
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Recognized professional qualification (CIPS, EIPM, ISM, MAI...) are desirable. Business, Procurement, Supply Chain or Engineering degrees are desirable