Up to £37.00 per hour
11 months ago
Providing safety and environmental engineering management services for a submarine programme.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide safety and environmental case input to non-conformances and design changes for specified systems
- Support other members of Safety & Environmental group in developing nuclear & non-nuclear safety and environmental assessments or cases.
- Plan and control of work to time, cost and quality.
- Assist in the production of and eventually own and control safety and environmental cases. The Safety Engineer is required to have an extensive engineering background in a relevant discipline and proven ability in safety and environmental assessment/management processes that is specifically directed towards systems or product safety and environmental assessment (as opposed to health and safety management).
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PRIMARY KNOWLEDGE
- Extensive operating background in UK submarines, Cat A or B NSRP watch keeper
- MOD processes and publications, in particular: POSMS, POEMS, DSA01 & 02, JSP 430, JSP 418 & Def Stan 00-56
- Authoring of Technical Reports
- Chairmanship and recording of Technical meetings.
- Ability to construct safety arguments in accordance with the First Sea Lord's Safety Argument, Goal Structured Notation, Claims/Argument/Evidence etc.
- Undertaking Hazard Identification and Assessment exercises.
- Seasoned in a multidisciplinary engineering environment.
- Preferably already hold the Defence Maritime Regulator's (DMR) Ship Safety & Environmental Management Training (SEMT) or Ship Safety Management Office (SSMO) Certification (training will be arranged if required)
- Knowledge and proven ability in conventional non-nuclear safety engineering in accordance with Def Stan 0056 (Safety Management for Defence Systems), DSA01.1 Defence Policy for Health, Safety and Environmental Protection, DSA02-DMR - MOD Shipping Regulations for Safety and Environmental Protection, JSP 430 (MoD Ship Safety Manual) and JSP 418 MOD Corporate Environmental Protection Manual
- Knowledge of environmental issues & legislation would be an advantage.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A CAT A / CAT B WATCHKEEPER SAFETY ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)