Up to £9.12 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
4 months ago
Responsible for the day to day management of the school premises with respect to caretaking services, together with establishing a close working relationship with the school and community groups. Ensure that all services are provided to a consistently high standard. Assist the Area Supervisor in meeting the requirements of the Project Agreement.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Organise, manage and monitor the tasks of the cleaning team.
2. Respond in a timely manner to any issues with the delivery of routine and non-routine cleaning services. Provide cover and remedial cleaning tasks as necessary.
3. Assist in the recruitment and selection of cleaning staff, and the allocation of tasks.
4. Organise and carry out staff inductions, arrange task training and undertake annual appraisals of the cleaning team.
5. Act as Key holder. Carry out routine and non-routine security procedures for the school buildings and grounds.
6. Respond to security or maintenance issues outside normal working hours.
7. Respond to emergency situations in accordance with the Joint Emergency Response Plan (JERP).
8. Liaise and provide regular feedback to the Area Caretaker and school representative on caretaking issues
9. Manage and monitor the work undertaken by subcontractors, including the delivery of site inductions.
10. Carry out minor routine maintenance tasks in accordance with the planned preventative maintenance (PPM) programme, including pre-planned maintenance tasks during the school holidays.
11. Monitor and make adjustments as necessary to ensure plant and associated systems perform within set limits.
13. Carry out internal and external routine inspections of the school premises.
14. Assist in the preparation of reports. Maintain and update records as appropriate.
15. Carry out minor or temporary repairs within competency level.
16. Undertake porterage tasks to support school and community activities.
17. Make the necessary arrangements for the support of out of hours activities.
18. Make arrangements for the delivery, distribution and storage of materials.
19. Ensure adequate supplies of cleaning materials and other consumable items are available.
20. Ensure the correct procedures are followed for the safe and efficient handling of waste.
21. Respond in a safe manner to the effects of adverse weather conditions.
22. Undertake and regularly review risk assessments for all caretaking related tasks.
23. Carry out duties in accordance with safe working practices within statutory, Company and recommended guidelines.
24. Report any issues to the Area Supervisor and make recommendations on improving the service.
25. Undertake training as necessary to maintain the requirements of the service.
26. Collaborate and co-operate with work colleagues, school representatives and users of the school's facilities to deliver a customer focussed service. Contribute to the goals and aims of the school.
27. Support the Company's commitment to n Zero Harm, Incident & Injury free culture and sustainable environment.
28. Collaborate and co-operate with work colleagues and users of the school's facilities to deliver a customer focussed service.
* GCSE / O Level Mathematics and English or equivalent
* Relevant trade or vocational qualification
* Be sufficiently fit to be able to undertake caretaking duties
* Capable of working on own initiative with minimum supervision
* Able to work as a team player and pass on knowledge to others
* Possess good communication and customer care skills
* Flexible and willing
* Prepared to work out of hours as necessary
* Resident within 20 minutes travelling time from the school
* Experience of providing general cleaning and security duties and basic maintenance of buildings and associated plant and systems
* Experience of supervising the work of others
* Experience of caretaking within an educational environment
Enhanced DBS Check - incl barred list check
Hours: 13:30- 21:30