£17000 - £17500 per annum
5 months ago
We are currently looking to recruit a care taker for a school in Leiston, Suffolk.
You will be maintaining and up keeping of the school. Your responsibilities will include everything that has to do with the aesthetics, operation and various functions. The caretaker's role is to be a part of the security monitoring team, security of the premises including key-holding, CCTV, perimeter fencing and security systems and report any acts of crime or vandalism. This is an exciting role for a candidate looking to further their career in building management systems and general facilities management.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Ensure the highest standards of service to end users
- Maintain the highest health and safety standards
- Maintain security of the premises including key-holding, CCTV, perimeter fencing and security systems.
- Provide last resort cover for site and cleaning staff.
- Monitor the Building Management System for problems, and adjust settings where appropriate.
- Act as the primary out of hours' contact, and attend site as necessary for emergencies and alarm activations.
- Participate in training programme
- Litter picking and general cleaning
- Porterage duties for the end users
- Layout out, clearing and stacking furniture.
- Replenishing toilet supplies.
- Take meter readings.
- Treatment of pathways during periods of ice and snow.
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions, and carry out weekly and monthly testing of building systems and areas.
- Conduct periodic general preventative maintenance in conjunction with the mobile engineers, ensuring safe systems of work are in place and adhered to.
- Respond appropriately to helpdesk calls, prioritising them accordingly.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations and complete reactive repairs to the building systems and fabric in line with the service level agreement.
- Complete and review risk assessment and method statements.
- Perform all assigned work so as to ensure the safety of the building's tenants and the continuous operation of the site.
- Coordinate work with mobile engineers and subcontractors when required.
- Be responsive to end user complaints in the areas of safety, building fabric, building systems and environmental needs through both personal contact and helpdesk systems.
- Liaise with the Senior Leadership Team and other end users to proactively plan their requirements, ensuring that the buildings, site and facilities are available for Academy use whenever they are needed.
- Be familiar with and conform to all written operating procedures associated with site.
- Ensure the cleanliness and appearance of all work areas.
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct and personal appearance. To work as a positive team player, demonstrating mutual respect and integrity for others whilst maintaining open and effective communication at all levels within the business.
- Ensure that Safeguarding, Child Protection and Equality & Diversity policies are adhered to at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned, and show flexibility in the working pattern or and provision.
Key Skill / Experience Requirements
- Experience in the use of risk assessments and method statements.
- Experience and training in manual handling.
- A working knowledge of relevant health and safety processes.
- Experience in general maintenance such as basic plumbing, redecoration, plaster repair, basic electrical repairs etc.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Standards conscious.
- Be able to demonstrate a proactive and enthusiastic approach.
- Able to, or willing to take the test, to drive the Academy minibus (D1 licence required)
A Fully enhanced DBS check will be completed, which, in the organisation's opinion, are satisfactory and confirm that you are suitable for your proposed duties.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for career progression
- Eye care vouchers
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
Working hours for thie role are Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm.
If you feel you are a good candidate for this position then please send an up to date CV