Up to £52.17 per hour
5 months ago
An exciting opportunity exists within Major Air Programmes (MAP) for a Combat Air focused Capability Manager who will develop and deliver Future Combat Air Platform Strategies for our client both in the UK and worldwide. Core to delivering this role is a detailed knowledge and experience of 4th and 5th Generation Combat Air platforms and requirements to meet the current and future threat environment. The role must also consider Combat Air support elements which includes, training (LVC) and mission support as well as Interoperability. Knowledge of integrated multi-spectral sensing and effectors at a platform level is desirable. This exciting and broad role depends on the highest standards of collaborative working across all our clients Lines of Business, and in addition to Customers, Partners, Suppliers and End Users within the UK, Europe and the globe.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Lead strategy planning and implementation of Combat Air platform capabilities within MAP and ensure integration across our client's Lines of Business.
- Ensure that MAP Combat Air platform strategic decisions, targets, forecasts, investments and plans have a sound technical basis.
- Develop and maintain the best MAP Combat Air platform business strategies to meet UK and global needs (product road maps, concepts, product plans, technology plans, business cases, applied research).
- Maintain oversight of the development of the right MAP Combat Air solutions in the right time frames.
- Develop relationships with customers (UK and globally) in order to directly support the definition and direction of future capabilities and allocation of budgets.
- Secure external funding for Combat Air related programmes where applicable.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- 4th & 5th Generation Combat Air sector experience including market intelligence, current and future operational requirements, threat environment and future Concepts of Operation.
- Recent UK military 4th or 5th Gen platform experience.
- A background in UK MOD Requirements Management and Test & Evaluation is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of advanced Sensors (RF & EO), System Architectures and Concepts, Systems of Systems approaches to delivering future capability requirements.
- Broad knowledge of product portfolio associated with the Combat Air sector.
- Able to motivate and influence multi-disciplined teams that are not necessarily within their direct reporting structure.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with Divisions and LoBs, customers, partners and suppliers.
- Able to clearly articulate verbally and in written form, strategies, complex concepts and solution design.
- Able to work in a global matrix organisation with complex reporting structures in an Integrated Project Team (IPT) or Integrated Campaign Team (ICT) environment.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Able to develop strong, trusting relationships at all levels within the business and externally and be able to influence effectively at a senior level.
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and be aware of impact on others working together during high pressure campaign activity.
- A capacity to overcome barriers and influence change.
- Self-starter/motivator able to set short and long-term planning goals in line with campaign and business needs.
- Office based (Luton)
- Overnight stay
- Regular travel to client and customer sites, both UK & abroad