4 months ago
Calibration Technician, Contract, Whetstone, ASAP start
To provide an effective calibration capability for Inspection, Measuring and Test Equipment (IMTE) that is used in support of the activities undertaken within a manufacturing facility; from receipt inspection, in process activities to final release.
The Calibration Technician will also undertake other activities on behalf of the Operational Quality function as required.
Key Result Areas:
- Maintain and operate the prescribed central calibration system such that it accurately reflects the inventory and calibration status of IMTE held.
- For new or recently calibrated IMTE, review the documentation (e.g. certificates) to check calibration status and sentence accordingly.
- Ensure that documentation required to confirm the calibration status of IMTE is readily available, current and complete.
- Ensure that IMTE is appropriately stored, preserved and protected at all stages of the process.
- Operate an effective recall system that ensures IMTE requiring calibration is withdrawn from the workplace in a timely and efficient manner.
- Implement a robust booking in / out system to ensure all IMTE can be accounted for at all times.
- Work with others to determine (and where appropriate adjust) the frequency of calibration for all IMTE.
- Ensure that all IMTE is identified with unique numbers and 'calibration due' dates.
- Only issue IMTE to those authorised to use it.
- Liaise with external calibration service providers to maintain an effective issue, turnaround and receipt system for IMTE.
- Maintain an effective system to record IMTE 'job used on' information such that appropriate action can be taken if IMTE fails calibration or proves unfit for use at any stage.
- Operate an effective quarantine system for IMTE which is bonded due to calibration expiry or failure and work with others to identify appropriate action to rectify the situation.
- Make recommendations for the purchase of new and replacement IMTE.
- Advise on calibration matters and when required deliver tool box talks.
- Proactively raise concerns / issues and recommendations for improvement.
- Provide accurate calibration reporting information against agreed criteria.
- Maintain the central calibration facility ensuring the highest levels of organisation, housekeeping and cleanliness.
- Undertake audits when required and routine patrol checks.
- When required undertake inspection activities as authorised.
- Knowledge of different types of measuring and monitoring equipment typically used in a manufacturing environment.
- Good working knowledge of ISO 17025.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes.
- Has worked previously as a Calibration Technician or a similar role and can effectively demonstrate a depth of calibration experience.
- Preferably come from a manufacturing or engineering background.
- Flexible approach
- Questioning attitude
- Customer focused; both internal and external
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal
- Computer literate with experience in using software packages relevant to the role e.g. word, excel, outlook, internet, etc.
- The ability to produce accurate and appropriate information (e.g. reports, data, etc.) in a timely manner
- Actively promotes health and safety
- Ideally be qualified to a HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject e.g. engineering.