Up to £28.00 per hour
10 months ago
Calibration Engineer responsible for Calibrating and Maintaining Mechanical process and devices including Special to Type Test Equipment (STTE), to agreed time, cost and quality. For all test activities on site.
- Calibrate test/measuring equipment to instructions, handbooks, drawings or specifications and provide technical advice/ guidance on C&M measurement matters.
- Maintain and repair test/ measuring equipment to component level.
- Support the customer on site and at the customer premises.
- Keeping calibration/ maintenance records for traceability purposes
- Accountable for their own safety and that of others working in their area
- Responsible for their own times, quality of work and to ensure that working numbers are correct.
- Responsible for highlighting when spares are Requirement and arranging for them to be ordered.
- Test Facility commissioning to acceptance ensuring Configuration Control of Equipment and Facilities is in place prior to use and all appropriate documentation is available
- Provide Technical support to Calibration Engineering to facilitate the efficient servicing of STTE to enable production testing of hardware and repair phases of the contract
- Assessment of related equipment issues directing support services to resolve equipment failures
- Represent Calibration department at Test Equipment Review meetings to provide technical information/advice when requested.
Candidate Knowledge / Qualifications:
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years' experience and knowledge in the Calibration of Test Equipment and Maintenance of test systems to component level.
- Have a good understanding of Calibration principles and processes
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to tailor communication to the relevant audience.