about 2 months ago
Morson Talent are currently looking to recruit a Calibration Engineer to work for one of our Defence Clients near Salisbury, Wiltshire. This is a contract position for 3 months.
- To manage and control the day to day activities regarding testing and calibration of indicating, and measuring instruments and devices to ensure specified operating performance criteria are met.
- Perform internal calibration of gauges and hand tools against the documented calibration methods.
- Ensure calibrated equipment is managed, identified and tested to an appropriate schedule.
- Ensure accurate calibration records are maintained.
- Arrange external repair and calibration of test equipment where required.
- Advise the Quality Assurance Lead where equipment is found to be out of calibration or defective to the agreed specification.
- Provide visibility of issues around availability of equipment in the calibration register, or potential replacement requirements.
- Publish and monitor agreed KPI's for calibration to ensure visibility throughout the business and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Act as a support to the existing Quality Assurance Technician with regard to incoming goods.
- Ensure procedures and documentation regarding calibration is up-to-date and fit-for purpose.