Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Calibration Engineer, Contract, Nuclear , Berkeley Site
Calibration Engineer required for an immediate start to undertake calibration and minor repairs of radiation and contamination instrumentation.
Key Result Areas
* Accurately record and present all associated results to comply with quality assurance (QA) standards and requirements (e.g. International Standard ISO 17025:2017).
* Work pro-actively to maximise instrument throughput.
* Provide support to instrument type-testing activities as required.
* Ability to work with integrity and impartially, and deliver a high standard of service.
* Support best practice initiatives.
* Undertake other tasks as required to contribute to the safe and efficient operation of the Metrology, Dosimetry & Field Services team.
* Presentation of calibrated RPI for verification by the Qualified Person within required timescales, with completion of all scheduled daily and weekly checks on equipment/facilities used.
* Provide clear, complete, and accurate records, and meet internal quality policy and audit requirements.
* Consistent record keeping of all spares maintained.
* Support provided to type-testing activities as required.
* All personal objectives and targets are demonstrably achieved assistance given to other group/corporate requirements where required/appropriate.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
* An ability to follow procedures diligently with a questioning attitude
* A high level of attention to detail (to accurately record results)
* IT literacy
* An understanding of the principles of measurement
* Basic knowledge of radiation, contamination, and radiometric instrumentation
* Experience within a calibration laboratory
* Experience operating in a quality management environment to ISO 9001 and/or ISO 17025
* Background or qualification in a scientific or engineering field
* An understanding of measurement tolerances and uncertainties
* A drive for self-improvement and development