Up to £15.00 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
about 1 year ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for a CAD Technician to be based in Preston, Lancashire.
Length of assignment: 01/05/18 - 31/05/18
Hours: 8:00 - 16:30
- Providing a Design Service to support all Capital and Revenue investment projects delivered by Feasibilities, proposals and scheme designs
- Dealing with construction and 'as installed' information
- Providing design services to support statutory records and ensure they are kept to a standard that meets the relevant requirements of the business and legislation
- Maintenance of Site Master CAFM Models
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Means of escape
- Underground services
- Plant room schematics
- Collate and prepare client information for use in update presentations
- To undertake all duties in a safe, tidy and responsible manner in accordance with H&S requirements.
- Comply with the site security requirements, H&S procedures internal audit processes and policies.
- Support other teams within the BAE Systems OSS account should it be necessary.
- This role is part of a Regional Projects team and the individual will be expected to support all BAE Systems OSS locations and other accounts on occasion.
- Comply with the clients company rules and maintain a high standard of discipline.
- To carry out other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time by site management or the client.
- Have a strong appreciation of all building trades.
- Solid career to date with CAD in a design office / building services discipline.
- Proficient in surveying techniques and the ability to record 'as is' plans and schematics of facilities and services.
- Good understanding of building related H&S, in particular CDM, the Building Regulations and means of escape, and how they relate to design proposals and feasibility schemes
- Experience in workplace layouts to achieve customer satisfaction and ensure best value for the business.
- Proficient in the use of Bentley Systems -MicroStation V8-XM, with experience of a Technical, Engineering or Construction environment.
- An understanding of the use of AutoCAD would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, in particular Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook. Familiarity of Microsoft Access databases would also be desirable.
- CAD experience in a design office / building services discipline
- Proficient in surveying techniques and the ability to record 'as is' plans and schematics
- Good understanding of building related H&S, in particular CDM, the Building Regulations and Means of escape, and how they relate to design proposals and feasibility schemes
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply design codes, codes of practice and design guides in an operational environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as individually
- Proven Ability to sustain effective relationships
- Reliability / Responsibility
- An obvious empathy with customers and clients, an ability to quickly develop relationships
- Smart presentable appearance
- Good personal organisational skills and ability to prepare and follow up short term plans
- Flexibility may be required within your working hours to accommodate the operation.
- Successful candidate will be required to obtain full security clearance
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.